Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Buddy the Elf costume

One of my favorite movies is Elf with Will Ferrell, and we have a tradition to watch it every year at Christmas. 


Alan looks a lot like Will Ferrell, so when I found this pattern I just knew that I had to make Alan a Buddy the Elf costume!


 I didn't have any extra time in the weeks leading up to Christmas to work on the costume, so I didn't start until two days before Christmas when we were visiting my parents. It's a good thing my mom has a sewing machine! I cut out all of the pieces one night, and then I sewed all day long on Christmas Eve. I tried to work as quickly as I could in order to finish it that night, but there was just too much to do. But I finished it on Christmas Day, just in time!

Then we proceeded to have a photo shoot, complete with some re-enactments from the movie...

"I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."
"Of course you're not an elf. You're six-foot-three and had a beard since you were fifteen."

"Don't knock over the Christmas tree!"

"Buddy, don't eat those cottonballs!"
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
"You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here."
Buddy with Papa Elf

"The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Doesn't Alan look just like Buddy?? There's really nothing better than a 6'5'' elf to get you in the Christmas spirit. And I have to give a shout out to Alan for being the best husband ever--he did this willingly!

Next year I think Buddy will be making more appearances so he can check on the little ones and report back to Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment