Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Coconut Sugar Scrub

This year for Christmas I decided to make some homemade sugar scrub for all the ladies on my list.


 I searched Pinterest for lots of ideas and finally came across two that used coconut oil (from The Pinterest Project and A Pretty Life). They didn't sell coconut oil at my regular grocery store, but I found it at Trader Joe's. I didn't realize that it's solid at room temperature. I heated it up a little and mixed it with plain white sugar until I got the right consistency. I used about 2.5 cups of sugar and about 0.5 cups of coconut oil, which made enough to fill two of my jars. I found that ratio left my hands soft but not too greasy. One jar of coconut oil gave me enough to make 10 sugar scrubs!



Once I made the scrub, I wanted to make pretty labels for the jars. I really didn't want to design one from scratch, so I looked online and found this website that has free templates for all kinds of labels. It is the best site! They have labels for weddings, holidays, canning, book nameplates, stickers, and so much more. Seriously, you have to go and check it out!

The one I chose is listed near the top under "More Wedding labels" and is called Blue Lace (available for downloading here). I was wondering why they have so many free templates, but I learned that they are actually selling blank label sheets. But you can always buy your own and use their templates. I went to Office Depot and bought a pack where the whole sheet is one big label, because I always hate trying to get labels to line up correctly. After I printed out a sheet, I just used scissors to cut out each one. I only needed two sheets, so now I have lots more left to print out other fun labels!


 The scrub smells sooo good! And its great to use on your hands to soften them up in the winter or you can even use it in the shower. Another fun fact is that it's safe to eat, in case you need an energy boost in the morning!


Isn't the label so cute??



  The scrub looks a lot like snow, so I thought it was a perfect winter gift!


I hope all my favorite ladies enjoyed their gift! Now I got to go make some for myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment